Here are some of the most common problems of humans these days: tiredness, burn out, stress, overwhelm, anxiety, worry and unhappiness.
Do you suffer from any of these things too? If that’s a yes, here’s my guess: your life might be too cluttered.
And this could be stealing so much joy in your life, my friend.
Having more doesn’t necessarily mean being more
In the past, my goal is to fill my life with more – more stuff, more friends, more accomplishments, more everything – because I used to believe that more will bring me happiness. But that’s just far from the truth.
I didn’t know that by filling my life with more without really intentionally choosing what I’m allowing in my life, I realized that I’m manifesting more unhappiness in my life.
The truth is, my desire to have more is actually just me trying to fill an emptiness – a deep dark void – that I kept feeling inside me.
But by filling it up with more of everything, I was actually making the hole deeper, causing the emptiness to grow deeper, because I was filling that emptiness with the wrong things. I decided that something needs to change. Luckily, I discovered living simply after having to transfer for 13 houses in a span of 2 years. I basically lived in a luggage then, and that forced me to minimize my stuff – and that’s when I realized that living with less just brought me more happiness. I started to declutter my life clean.
Since decluttering my life clean and removing the things that I don’t want, I felt a sudden shift in my energy, and I felt lighter and happier. I also learned to appreciate the sweetness of having nothing. I started to feel happier and more complete. The emptiness no longer visits me. And I became addicted with this feeling.
I wanted to maintain this feeling of bliss, so I told myself that I should be more intentional in choosing what to allow in my life. Since decluttering my physical stuff, I started letting go of other things too – what I give my time and energy to, the relationships that I have, and anything that I put in my head and in my heart. Since then, I felt lighter, more energetic and more high vibe.
Wanna feel the bliss and high vibe from decluttering your life clean too? I got you girl. Below is a list of things you can declutter in your life now!
Declutter your stuff
– Let go of anything that no longer spark joy.
– Let go of old and worn out things that makes you feel irritated, sad, poor, ugly, unhappy or any negative feeling.
– Let go of broken things (that can’t be fixed or you have no intention of fixing) that stress you out.
– Let go of things you haven’t used for years. Things you keep “just in case”, when you know that you won’t be using them anytime soon.
– Recycle paper clutter that you will no longer use.
– Let go of things you have too much of (like how I and my husband used to have a million plates, utensils, and glasses, when there are only two of us)
– Declutter your refrigerator of expired and bad food.
– Throw away expired and unused products in your bathroom.
– Throw away face and skin products that you no longer use.
– Simplify your storage (buy smaller and more efficient storage).
– If you got the budget, minimize your furniture (some houses just have way too big furnitures for their space, and besides the fact that it’s not pretty, you just have bigger things to clean).
– Let go of gifts you don’t like but feel too guilty to throw away.
– Clean the inside of your bags, purses and wallet.
– Clean your car.
Declutter your mind
– Minimize the decisions you have to make everyday (you have limited cognitive fuel – use it wisely).
– Unfollow social media accounts that make you feel sad, scared, angry, jealous, unworthy, or any negative feeling.
– Unsubscribe from newsletters you no longer read.
– Minimize time you spend in front of a screen (especially in scrolling through social media – the biggest consumer of your cognitive fuel).
– Journal everyday to dump your random thoughts that are causing your brain heaviness.
– Minimize time and energy you spend staying virtually connected to everyone.
– Backup and save all important files in your computer and reboot it.
– Delete photos and videos in your gallery that are irrelevant to you.
– Delete phone apps that no longer serve you and only take up space.
– Organize your phone’s app folders into only a few folders.
– Let go of books & magazine that exposes you to negative media.
– Stop watching shows & movies that make you feel bad, negative or impose beliefs that don’t help you get to where you wanna go.
– Declutter your playlist of songs that make you feel sad, bad or anything negative.
– Have a planner to organize your life.
– Lessen your goals and to-do lists to the minimum so you can focus and effectively achieve them.
Declutter your heart
– Let go of past romantic hangups.
– Spend less time in friendships that don’t complement your values.
– Make it a habit to journal your emotions whenever you feel bad.
– Say no to activities that you no longer find joy.
– Let go of the habit of dating people who don’t complement your values.
– Let go of toxic relationships.
– Let go of negative beliefs
– Forgive experiences in the past that made you feel hurt, embarrassed and any other negative feelings.
– Let go of people who loves to criticize you and other people.
– Let go of your bad ways (gossiping, perfectionism, FOMO, judgment, etc.)
I promise you that by decluttering these things in your life, your energy will immediately shift, and you will instantly feel happier. Start removing things that no longer works, to create space for things that do.
What are you keeping in your life right now that are causing you unhappiness? Share your thoughts!